Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:05 AM
1. Two numbers are in the ratio 8:3. If the sum of the numbers is 143, find the numbers.2
of a number is 20 less than the original number. Find the number.
3. Four-fifths of a number is 10 more than two-thirds of the number. Find the number.
4. Twenty-four is divided into two parts such that 7 times the first part added to 5 times the
second part makes 146. Find each part.
5. Find the number whose fifth part increased by 5 is equal to its fourth part diminished by 5.
6. Three numbers are in the ratio of 4:5:6. If the sum of the largest and the smallest equals
the sum of the third and 55, find the numbers.
7. If 10 be added to four times a certain number, the result is 5 less than five times the
number. Find the number.
8. Two numbers are such that the ratio between them is 3:5. If each is increased by 10, the
ratio between the new numbers so formed is 5 : 7. Find the original numbers.
9. Find three consecutive odd numbers whose sum is 147.
Hint. Let the required numbers be (2x+1), (2x +3) and (2x + 5).
10. Find three consecutive even numbers whose sum is 234.
Hint. Let the required numbers be 2x, (2x +2 ) and (2x + 4).
11. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 12. If the new number formed by reversing
the digits is greater than the original number by 54, find the original number. Check your
12. The digit in the tens place of a two-digit number is three times that in the units place. If the
digits are reversed, the new number will be 36 less than the original number. Find the
original number. Check your solution.?